INTERNATIONAL COORPERATION, TAX AND FINANCIAL SECTOR POLICY
The Directorate is responsible for the overall oversight of the banking, insurance and pensions, securities sector, mobilisation of external grants and technical resources through negotiation and conclusion of grants with bilateral and multilateral development partners to finance development programmes as well as review, research and formulate tax measures to support formulation of the National Budget.
- Review, research and formulate tax measures to support formulation of the National Budget,
- Administering applications by taxpayers on tax exemptions and other related queries and enquiries, administering customs rebates and exemptions
- Policy oversight of the Zimbabwe Revenue Authority.
- Monitor, evaluate and review the structure and level of fees, rentals and charges levied by line Ministries and Government Departments;
- Participate in regional and international negotiations on trade and other tax matters;
- Facilitate ratification of International Tax Agreements;
- Mobilise external grants and technical resources through negotiation and conclusion of grants with bilateral and multilateral development partners to finance development programmes as well as administering the Aid Information Management System
- Analyse policy documents from development partners, regional and international financial institutions, where Zimbabwe is a member state, such as International Monetary Fund (IMF), World Bank, African Development Bank (AfDB), Trade and Investment Bank, African Export & Import Bank (Afrexim bank), Africa Capacity Building Foundation (ACBF), International Finance Corporation (IFC), UN and make appropriate recommendations;
- Prepare and review memoranda of principles and draft technical economic co-operation agreements for approval by Public Agreements Advisory Committee (PAAC), Cabinet Committee on Legislation (CCL), and Cabinet;
- Facilitate and participate in Spring & Annual Meetings, Board of Governors’ Meetings and Constituency Meetings and Summit Meetings.
- Policy and regulatory oversight of the banking, insurance & pensions and the securities sector that is regulatory oversight of the Central Bank, Deposit Protection Corporation, Securities and Exchange Commission, Zimbabwe Stock Exchange, Insurance and Pensions Commission
- Coordination of Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Financing of Terrorism Policy Developments in line with Financial Action Task Force (FATF) and the Eastern and Southern Africa Anti-Money Laundering Group (ESAAMLG);
- Participate in regional and international meetings including Eastern & Southern African Anti-Money Laundering Group (ESAAMLG), the Financial Action Task Force (FAFT’s) International Co-operation Review Group (ICRG) meetings and FATF Plenary Meetings; Committee of Insurance, Securities &Non- Banking Authorities (CISNA), IMF and SADC among others;
National Financial Inclusion Strategy 11