1.To be the centre of excellence in macro-economic policy formulation, coordination and stewardship of public resources to achieve sustainable socio-economic growth and development.
2.To formulate and coordinate sound macroeconomic policies, effectively mobilise, allocate, manage and account for public resources.
Overall Functions of the Ministry
- To manage the Consolidated Revenue Fund, the National Development Fund and the public debt portfolio;
- Formulate and administer the National Accounting Policy;
- Formulate and administer the National Budget;
- Design and implement up to date and effective systems of internal check and control;
- Mobilise financial resources to finance Government Programmes;
- Facilitate and participate in the negotiations related to domestic and international mobilisation of resources;
- Collect revenue due to Government, in particular through the Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (ZIMRA);
- Analyse the performance of public enterprises and advise on matters of financial policy;
- Carry out macro-economic reviews and recommend policies that promote macro-economic stability necessary for sustainable economic growth and development;
- Give policy guidelines to the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe;
- Administer the National Economic Conduct Inspectorate;
- Administer the Zimbabwe National Statistics Agency.