ACCOUNTANT GENERAL DIRECTORATE
The accountant Generals Office initiates, formulates and coordinates the implementation of policies regarding the management of public funds and provide guidance in the interpretation of government Policy decision on the control of Public funds
Departments Under the Directorate
- The department manage the Consolidated Revenue fund
- Direct control and coordinates Central Government Banking arrangements, financial Accounting and Reporting
- Cash Flow Management
- Management of state Assets
- Formulate and administer national Accounting and financial management policy ,procedures and regulations
- Direct , control and coordination of Ministries accounting and financial management systems and operations.
- Monitor and evaluate compliance on accounting and financial management systems by ministries
- Closure Certificate verification
- Analysis of Audit reports
- The department is responsible to manage the National Development Fund.
- Formulates and administer national accounting policy, procedures ,and regulations on Aid/Donor accounting
- Analysis of Budget and monitoring of Public performance of public Entities
- Provides technical advice and consultancy service in financial , cost and Management Accounting in preparation of final Accounts to Statutory funds .
- Monitoring and evaluation of Statutory funds
- Appraise and Evaluate Parastatals Financial Performance
- Processing of disbursements requests from development partners
- Facilitation of payments for VAT
- Facilitation in the Bank Account Opening.
- Budget approvals for Public Entities
- Establishment of Section 18 Other Funds
- Facilitation of computerised accounting and Administrative transactions
- Management of the PFMS – SAP software
- End User profile creation
- Vendor number creation and Extension for Staff
- Reactivation of End users passwords
- Vendor No creation for Suppliers
- End user training