The Economic Affairs Department is responsible for formulating and implementing economic policies for sustainable economic growth and development and a stable macroeconomic environment. It also provides provide policy advice on macroeconomic issues within the economy.
Departments Under the Directorate
- Coordinate formulation of the Pre-Budget Strategy Paper (BSP), National Budget Statement, Budget Highlights, Budget Speech and related policy statements;
- Monitor, evaluate and assess fiscal and macro-economic performance, producing regular analytical reports including Monthly State of the Economy, Treasury Quarterly Bulletin and Mid-Term and Annual Fiscal Policy Reviews;
- Coordinate the formulation, implementation and monitoring of the national and provincial economic development plans,
- Co-ordinate the development of comprehensive Macro-Economic Modelling and forecasting for the economy;
- Undertake economic research and produce sectoral papers on contemporary policy issues.